“Situated in a tranquil, rural setting Geauga Youth Center provides youth a healthy, safe environment in which they can improve emotional, behavioral and academic functioning.”
The Geauga Youth Center is a therapeutic group home that provides a healthy, safe environment in which adolescents can improve emotional, behavioral, and academic functioning, involving families as much as possible in the hope that youth may successfully return home to a less constricting level of care.
PROGRAM ADMISSION CRITERIA:
- Male or female between the ages of 12-17
- Moderate or serious impairment of behavioral and emotional functioning in more than one of the following areas: home, community, and school.
- Youth’s problems may include unruly or delinquent behavior, mood disorders such as depression or anxiety, self-injurious behaviors, abuse history, multiple failed placements, attachment disorder, anger management problems and mild-moderate aggression, attention deficit disorder, conduct disorder, substance abuse and chemical dependency.
- IQ is above 75.
- Youth who do not require physical restraint.
- Sexually aggressive youth must have completed treatment and be considered low risk to reoffend.
- Full time therapist on site
- Board certified adolescent psychiatrist
- Mental health treatment
- Drug and alcohol treatment program
- On-site school
- Independent Living Skills Program
- Linkage to aftercare
- Parent education
- Transportation provided
- Trauma therapy
- Family systems
- Family involvement
- Parent support and education
- Case management
- Mental health assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Substance abuse/dependency assessment
- Substance abuse treatment
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy and parent support groups
- Group therapy
- Independent living skills
- On-site school
- Home transition with after-care plans
GEAUGA YOUTH CENTER SCHOOL
- Classes are offered on site.
- Small classroom size offers individual attention.
- Academic subjects taught by a teacher as well as on-line offerings.
- Block scheduling allows for completion of a full credit academic class in one semester.
- Classroom teacher is highly qualified in Social Studies, certified in special education with HQT math and reading in progress.
- Physical education credit is offered through the Geauga YMCA.
- Insight/Life Skills class is taught weekly by building principal.
- School Social Worker, LISW, on site daily for counseling, scheduling, tutoring, study skills and planning for the successful transit of student back to their home school.
Program Director – 440-279-2092
Case Manager – 440-279-2092