New Beginnings is an outpatient group therapy program for adults living and trying to cope with mental illnesses. We offer an understanding atmosphere for participants to learn, listen and support each other.
Is your mental illness interfering with your daily living? Are you trying to avoid a psychiatric stay? Here’s how New Beginnings Helps:
- Provide support
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Provide sobriety and recovery skills
- Increase self-esteem
- Understand your symptoms and ways to treat them
- Improve coping skills
- Step down care from a hospital stay
This program offers therapy groups each day with a variety of topics:
- Group Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Journaling Group
- Relaxation and stress management skills
- Coping Skills Group
- Educational groups about mental illness and related topics
- DBT Skills and Mindfulness Groups
- Communication and Relationship Skills
- Dual Diagnosis and Recovery Groups
Group topics can be specialized for group members with specific needs.
Hours and Location:
Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Program located at Ravenwood Health – 695 South Street, Chardon
Lunch is provided
Transportation is available if needed
For more information:
Contact: Maria Goudas, M.A., LPCC-S,
Clinical Coordinator Ext. 207
or Heather Denning, M.A., A.T.R.-BC, LSW
Director Ext. 206
Ravenwood accepts Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, and has a sliding fee scale for Geauga County residents who qualify.
Each year Ravenwood host a client art show. This annual show is a positive event displaying our clients ‘talents’ while breaking the stigma of mental illness. This year our Art Show, “Imagine” was displayed in the community at Big Creek Park and the Burton Public Library. Art work is also on display in the Ravenwood main and South Street lobbies.